Montag, 25. Juni 2007

Bread with Rosemary and Lavender

There's a new monthly foodblog-event: breadbakingday. Thanks, Zorra, for this nice idea!

Well, actually, I am not that much into bread baking... I just started to bake my own bread and I use a bread machine and yeast, so this is level 1, I suppose! ;-)

Anyway, I like the results and the more I read about baking bread the more I think I should go for it and test some more recipes.

I love French breads: It's like summer in the south of France, a "pain au romarin" with fresh "chèvre"
and the wonderful pure air of the Provence. Here's my "French Bread with Rosemary and Lavender" - à la Provençale!
























-=========REZKONV-Recipe - RezkonvSuite v1.4
Title:French Bread with Rosemary and Lavender
Categories:Baking, Bread, Bread machine, France, Herbs
Yield:2 Loaves

Ingredients

1 1/4cupsLukewarm water
500gramsFlour
2teasp.Salt
1 1/2tablesp.Sugar
1/2cubeYeast
1tablesp.Rosemary, chopped
1/2teasp.
Lavender, chopped
Edited *RK* 06/25/2007 by
Barbara Furthmüller

Directions

Pour lukewarm water into the bowl of a bread machine. Add flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Start the machine (program: dough) and let it knead the dough. After some time (depending on the machine) add the herbs.

The dough is quite soft and sticky. Put it onto a table, take a bit of flour and shape the dough into 2 long loaves. Make a few longish cuts with a sharp knife. Let the loaves rest for 20 minutes.

Heat oven to 200°C and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

=====

1 Kommentar:

  1. Tja, wenn einem mal das Brotbackfieber packt. ;-) Tolles Brot und danke fürs Mitmachen.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Kommentare und einen freundlichen Austausch.

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. die IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu finden sich in der Datenschutzerklärung auf dem Blog und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.